Unlike other insurances, which cover only a few perils such as fire and hail, our new PrimeGuard multi-peril insurance offers protection against eleven common perils including hail, wind, drought, fire, pests, floods, freeze and excessive rainfall.
It also offers greater control and less risk by guaranteeing an agreed level of production for the insured crop. So, if a shortfall is experienced in the production, cover is still provided against damage or loss for the guaranteed level.
- What does PrimeGuard cover?
We’ll insure where the actual production of a crop is lower than the guaranteed production caused by any insured peril or by a combination of insured perils.
- What events does the policy cover?
We provide cover for the following perils:
- Excessive rainfall
- Excessive moisture
- Excessive heat
- Fire (excluding arson)
- Pest infestation
- Wildlife damage
- What crops are covered under PrimeGuard?
We provide cover for the following crops:
- What coverage levels are offered?
We offer a range of coverage levels for each crop, which are based on a percentage of the approved yield. These percentages are 40%, 50%, 60% and 70% of the approved yield.
- Does the entire crop need to be insured?
All eligible crop fields should be insured unless we have agreed in writing that specific fields are not to be covered by the policy.
- Is there a minimum insured area applicable?
Unless there are reasons for us to agree to terms for a lower area, the minimum area for insurance is 500 ha in total.
- Is there an excess?
If a crop is deemed as a CTL (constructive total loss) in Indemnity Stage 1 (from establishment until 15th July), no excess will be applied. In Indemnity Stage 2 (from July 16th until the end of the indemnity period), if a crop’s actual production falls below the guaranteed production, no additional excess will be applied.
- How to obtain a quote and arrange cover?
Submit a completed application form together with farm map for us to provide a quote. Primacy does not charge any fees for application or quote.
- What benefits does the cover provide?
There are a number of benefits available:
- Yield protection: peace of mind insurance, which guarantees an agreed level of production for the crop.
- Flexible cover: maximise expenditure by choosing from several different levels of cover.
- Catastrophic risk protection: a comprehensive insurance option for all eligible crops against major catastrophic events.
"I have received nothing but positive feedback and gratitude from our clients over the way the claims have been handled and the speed with which they have been settled."
Kym Bache - MGA Insurance Brokers
"Always so helpful whenever I need something queried or sorted. Very happy with the service, especially as this is our first year using Primacy."
Veronica Taylor - Mattiske & Henderson Insurance Services
"Always very helpful and patient. The staff are just wonderful."
Robyn Jackson - Allsure Insurance
Redirecting to applications area
- How do I make a claim?
- What information do I need to provide when making a claim?
You need to provide the time when the loss occurred, the cause of the loss, a description of the crops damaged, an estimate of the nature and extent of the physical damage and details of any other insurance under which your client is entitled to claim for the same loss.