Whether your client is a greenhouse operator, or owns a nursery or a retail garden centre, or operates a wholesale growing operation, they need a specialised insurance policy that’s tailored to their needs. There are not many insurers in Australia who cater for this niche area of crop insurance.
Here at Primacy, we can create a tailored package that covers the things that are relevant to their business. Perhaps they have packing sheds, cool rooms or other building structures that they need to insure? Or they want to protect their crop and plants through a content insurance package? Or they need peace of mind knowing they’re insured through loss of earnings due to property damage or another event?
Call Primacy today and we’ll create a tailored package that works for your clients’ business.
- What events are covered?
The following events are covered:
• Storm and rainwater
• Water damage
• Smoke damage
• Deliberate acts
- What property or crops are covered under this policy?
Purpose built greenhouse structures including their contents, as well as buildings such as packing sheds and cool rooms can be insured. Option also available to insure crops and stock integral to the business.
- Can business interruption or burglary be covered?
Absolutely. Loss of profit due to a reduction in turnover or increase in cost as a result of damage to the property can also be chosen for cover. Cover for any physical loss or damage to your property as a result of burglary is available as well.
- Can temporary structures and shade cloth be insured?
Unfortunately no. Temporary structures and shade cloths cannot be covered under this policy.
- Can crop in the open air and not in a greenhouse be insured?
Please speak to one of our insurance experts as we consider these types of requests on a case-by-case basis.
- How do I obtain a quote and arrange cover?
You will need to obtain a completed application form from your client and submit it to Primacy or you can log onto our online system and enter the details for a quote.
- What benefits does the cover provide?
There are a number of benefits available:
- Accidental damage
- Claims preparation costs
- Clean up costs
- Temporary protection and repairs
- Employee dishonesty
- Replacement keys and locks
- Property and transit
- Expenses and fees
- Why should my client choose to insure with Primacy?
Because we specialise in this area and we understand crop production needs. Our insurance covers the following exclusive features:
- We offer full hail and storm cover
- A significant amount of accidental damage cover is provided
- Building, contents, machinery, cool room, greenhouse, crop and stock all can be combined in one policy
- Our assessors are specialised in reviewing greenhouse claims
"I have received nothing but positive feedback and gratitude from our clients over the way the claims have been handled and the speed with which they have been settled."
Kym Bache - MGA Insurance Brokers
"Always so helpful whenever I need something queried or sorted. Very happy with the service, especially as this is our first year using Primacy."
Veronica Taylor - Mattiske & Henderson Insurance Services
"Always very helpful and patient. The staff are just wonderful."
Robyn Jackson - Allsure Insurance
- Policy Wording
Redirecting to applications area
- How do I make a claim?
- What information do I need to provide when making a claim?
You need to provide the time when the loss occurred, the cause of the loss, a description of the damage, an estimate of the nature and extent of the physical damage and details of any other insurance under which your client is entitled to claim for the same loss.