When fire or hail strike without warning, your client needs an insurer who understands their business and needs. Our Broadacre policies may provide cover for damage and loss of yield caused by unexpected insured events.
Primacy are Australia and New Zealand’s rural crop insurance specialists. Our goal is to make sure your clients’ business receives supportive, cost-effective insurance protection.
This is a limited summary only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision, please consider the relevant Policy wording which is available on this website.
- What events are covered?
We provide cover against the loss of yield due to:
- Hail only; or
- Hail and Fire; or
- Fire only.
- What cover options can be chosen?
We offer two different types of cover:
- Pre Harvest Revision.
Designed to be cost effective, our Pre Harvest Revision works on a fixed insurance sum, which is finalised prior to the harvesting period.
- After Harvest Declaration.
A more flexible policy allowing payment of an accurate premium, which reflects the levels of yield produced in a season.
- Pre Harvest Revision.
- What crop types can be covered?
We provide cover for most broadacre summer and winter crop types as well as sugarcane.
- How to obtain a quote and arrange cover?
You will need to obtain a completed application form from your client and submit it to Primacy or you can log onto our online system and enter the details for a quote.
- What benefits does the cover provide?
There are a number of benefits available:
- Replant subsidy due to loss at an early growth stage
- Straying Livestock
- Chemical overspray
- Storage and transit cover for harvested grain or baled hay
- Firefighting benefit
- Additional harvest expenses benefit
- Additional expenses
- Field splitting (if the paddock is greater than 200 hectares)
- Insured area adjustment of up to 5% on insured crop type prior to final revision date, where a field is omitted or an area of the field is incorrectly declared
- Insured area adjustment of up to 2.5% on insured crop type after the final revision date, where a field is omitted or an area of the field is incorrectly declared
- This is a limited summary only. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For full details and before making a decision, please consider the relevant Policy wording which is available on this website.
- What optional benefits can be chosen under this cover?
We offer an optional Reducing Excess benefit. If you choose this option, the excess may be reduced as the extent of the loss increases.
"I have received nothing but positive feedback and gratitude from our clients over the way the claims have been handled and the speed with which they have been settled."
Kym Bache - MGA Insurance Brokers
"Always so helpful whenever I need something queried or sorted. Very happy with the service, especially as this is our first year using Primacy."
Veronica Taylor - Mattiske & Henderson Insurance Services
"Always very helpful and patient. The staff are just wonderful."
Robyn Jackson - Allsure Insurance
Redirecting to applications area
- How do I make a claim?
- What information do I need to provide when making a claim?
You need to provide details such as the time when the loss occurred, the cause of the loss, a description of the crops damaged, an estimate of the nature and extent of the physical damage and details of any other insurance policy under which your client is entitled to claim for the same loss.